Transfer Students Admissions

Find Your Home at Westmont

Students transfer to Westmont from many different places for many different reasons. Whether they've come from junior colleges or other 4-year schools, whether they've come for the first-class academic challenge or the strong faith commitment, they've all found the same thing—a close-knit Christian community that encourages them to make a positive difference in every sphere of society. Transfer students make up 20 percent of the incoming class each year, starting in either the spring or fall semester.

Graduating Class of 2022

Haleigh Batty

Academic and athletic scholarships make it possible for Haleigh to afford Westmont and pursue her ambitious goals: a career as a registered nurse and a place on the Olympic track and field team. She believes Westmont can help her achieve these objectives. “There are very positive people here,” she says. “Everyone wants you to succeed...” 


Read More Transfer Student Stories Here

Steps to Apply

Westmont does not require transfers to have completed a specified number of units/credits before applying. Westmont utilizes both our personalized application and the Common App. There is no preference and both are free of charge.

Request your official college transcripts be sent to Westmont directly from school officials. If you have completed less than 24 semester college units (or 36 quarter units), we will also require your official high school transcript.

Westmont requires one academic reference from a teacher in a major subject (i.e. English, Science, History, Math, etc.). In addition, an optional pastoral/character reference may be submitted. The reference forms may be accessed within either application.

Interviews are optional for applicants. We want to know you personally.

Schedule Your Interview

Schedule a Visit


Visit Westmont

Located in Santa Barbara, the American Riviera, you’ll flourish in a culturally rich and vibrant setting.

You belong here. You’ll feel at home here. You just have to see it for yourself!


Learn More


Applying to Westmont is easy! If you've already completed one year of college full time, just submit an application, your academic records, and one recommendation. Westmont accepts transfer students in both the fall and spring semester.

Transfer Application Deadlines
applications for spring admission November 1
applications for fall admission March 15

There are none! You can transfer with 6 units or 60, without any GE courses, and without an AA. You'll receive a personalized transfer evaluation to assess your progress toward a degree, so you can simply pick up where you left off at your previous college. Make the move when you’re ready.

Learn More About Transfer Credits

As a transfer student, you will be fully welcomed and a part of the Westmont community. Most transfer students live on campus in one of our residence halls, eat in our dining commons, and have the chance to participate in broader community activities. Transfer students are expected to attend chapel with the rest of our campus community, and are full time students.

Meet some of our current students who have transferred from 2-year public, 4-year private, and large 4-year public schools, and read their stories.

More than 95 percent of Westmont students receive academic scholarships, talent based scholarships, or both. The average financial aid award for recent transfer students was over $34,000! Your bottom line will depend on your family’s financial need and your eligibility for merit and talent based scholarships. Check out the scholarship opportunities Westmont has to offer.

Yes! The vast majority of college-level academic credit will transfer, including IGETC or CSU Breadth coursework. Your Westmont admissions counselor can perform an unofficial transcript evaluation to give you a better picture of which classes will transfer to Westmont. Once you are admitted to Westmont, you will receive an official transcript evaluation performed by our Registrar’s Office.

If you’re coming from a California junior college, we may have an articulation agreement where you can see for yourself which of your classes meet GE requirements. Keep in mind that these agreements are representative of the most common classes students take. If you don't see your courses listed, if the articulation agreement for the community college you attend is not listed here, or if you attend a 4-year college or university, call us at 1-800-777-9011 to speak to a counselor for guidance.

For more information and to view existing transfer agreements, click here.


Senior Admissions Counselor for Transfer and International Students

Brenda Tirado